As soon as you submit a booking request, your reservation will be given a status. This status will change whenever either you or your captain make amendments to the initial booking reservation.
To see the current status of your reservation, go to My Bookings on your FishingBooker profile.
- Pending Confirmation - Your reservation request was successfully submitted and is waiting for the captain's response. Captains have 24 hours to respond to a request before it is automatically declined. At this point, the deposit amount is reserved and still on your account until the request has been confirmed.
- Confirmed - Your booking request has been confirmed by the captain, or automatically confirmed if you booked through the Instant Book feature. At this point, FishingBooker has charged your Credit Card/PayPal for the deposit.
- Change Requested - You have requested to change an element of your trip and the captain has not responded yet. Captains have 24 hours to respond to this request before it is automatically declined and the details revert to the original booking.
- Request Declined - The captain is unable to accommodate you and has declined your booking request. FishingBooker will suggest alternative dates or charters, as well as returning the deposit, in the event that the alternative dates onboard the same charter do not suit you.
- Declined - No further changes can be made to your request as the requested decline has been fully processed. The deposit for your trip has been returned to you.
- Cancel Requested - FishingBooker is processing a cancellation request submitted by either you or the captain. At this point, FishingBooker will see if it's possible to reschedule the booking, or will process a full cancellation according to the captain’s cancellation policy.
- Canceled - Once the requested cancellation has been fully processed, no further changes can be made to your reservation. The deposit will be handled according to the captain's cancellation policy.
Please note that cancellation requests made due to bad weather and mechanical issues need to be confirmed by the captain before the funds are released.